Wicket Labs is focused on delivering actionable insights to media companies that are facing a shifting audience, in an arena where the consumer has to be the focus and data is the differentiator. We’re talking about the evolution of the television market towards new devices, services, and consumption models. Our goal is to help traditional and new media business leaders succeed in this environment with better data, and more predictive insights.
We are a venture-backed software company located in the heart of Pioneer Square in Seattle. We are part of a great, vibrant technology and art community in an area with a rich cultural heritage.
We strongly believe in the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion and aim to reflect that belief in the team that we build. We hope you consider joining us.
Join a small team building a big impact product. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us design and implement software that turns large volumes of raw data into attractive and actionable business insights for well-known TV services. You’ll have the opportunity to build the first versions of many parts of our data processing and microservice architecture.
Technologies We’re Using
- Our web layer is primarily built with ReactJS
- Our data pipeline leverages big data technologies like Presto, Spark, Python, SQL, and S3
What You’ll Do
- Craft innovative features and solutions for our business-facing Software as a Service platform
- Work on a highly collaborative agile team with skilled teammates
- Develop and deploy solutions independently and as a team member
- Produce high-quality, well-architected solutions with an upfront focus on testing and long-term support
- Design and implement enterprise-grade data processing and visualization solutions for scalable, multi-tenant web applications
- Listen and communicate ideas effectively with respectful and responsive interactions
- Adopt a team player approach by doing what needs to be done and cheering each other on
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in implementing a cloud-based application
- Familiar with AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, EMR, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, SES
- Experience working in a test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment engineering process.
- Plus: experience with building and maintaining large-scale data processing pipelines using technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, or Spark