Machine Learning EngineerJoin a small team building a big impact product!
Wicket Labs is focused on delivering actionable insights to media companies that are facing a shifting audience, in an arena where the consumer has to be the focus and data is the differentiator. We’re talking about the evolution of the television market towards new devices, services, and consumption models. Our goal is to help traditional and new media business leaders succeed in this environment with better data, and more predictive insights.
We are a venture-backed software company located in the heart of Pioneer Square in Seattle. We are part of a great, vibrant technology and art community in an area with a rich cultural heritage.
We strongly believe in the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion and aim to reflect that belief in the team that we build. We hope you consider joining us.
Join a small team building a big impact product. We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us design and implement software that turns large volumes of raw data into attractive and actionable business insights. You’ll have the opportunity to build the first versions of our data processing architecture.
Technologies We’re Using
- We are building analytical platforms using open source big data tools and technologies Our data pipeline leverages technologies like Presto, Spark, Python, SQL and S3 using AWS cloud services
What You’ll Do
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and developing new datasets
- Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources
- Modeling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Designing, implementing, and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets as well as a ‘hands-off’ automated pipeline
- Work on a highly collaborative agile team with skilled teammates
- Champion test standards and best practices for data pipelines
- Collaborate across business teams
- Listen and communicate ideas effectively with respectful and responsive interactions
- Adopt a team player approach by doing what needs to be done and cheering each other on
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to connect business purpose to data-driven analysis
- Experience working with Python (dataframes, scikit-learn), SQL, Spark
- Experience working with Machine Learning Algorithms (Linear, Logistic, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, KNN, etc)
- Proficient in handling unstructured/structured data, including analyzing and troubleshooting complex data for quality and integrity
- Experience with building and maintaining large scale data processing pipelines using technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, or Spark
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Maths or related field, or equivalent practical experience